Jio Haptik Surpasses 15 Billion Conversations, Leading India’s AI Market

In a significant milestone, Jio Haptik has emerged as the leading player in India’s conversational AI domain by reaching a remarkable volume of over 15 Billion AI powered interactions. This includes the 2-way volume that Haptik’s clients have handled across channels (WhatsApp, Web, App, and others) and devices since the company’s inception in 2013. In addition, the platform has processed over 10 Billion 1-way notifications (or alerts) such as promotional messages & transactional updates, cumulatively making Haptik one of the largest customer engagement companies in the world. 

Being a benchmark for excellence in the Indian AI landscape for over a decade, Haptik has consistently pushed the boundaries of AI-powered innovation. The company’s first product was a personal assistant chatbot, before opening up the platform for enterprises to build their own AI assistants. In 2020, Haptik launched Interakt, an AI-enabled CRM for SMBs to manage their business on WhatsApp. And most recently given the explosion of Generative AI, the company revamped its entire product stack to launch Contakt, an LLM-first CX suite.

Aakrit Vaish, Co-founder & CEO of Jio Haptik, said: “Thrilled to achieve this milestone, and it’s been an exceptional learning experience to see this scale. As we reinforce Haptik’s native AI with advanced capabilities powered by LLMs, we remain determined to continue helping businesses deliver more refined conversational experiences than ever. Even though it’s been a decade, with the new wave of Generative AI it feels like Day 1 all over again and very soon we will be processing 10 Billion+ interactions a year.“

Haptik currently supports conversations in 100+ languages, including comprehensive support to its customers in Indian regional languages enabled by its integration with Microsoft Translator. 23% of the company’s 15 Billion+ AI-powered conversations have been in non-English languages. Approximately 70% of the AI-powered conversations have been web-based, and handled by conversational solutions like chatbots. The remaining 30% are spread across WhatsApp (17.7%), mobile apps (8.5%), and others (4%).

The volume of conversations can be attributed to the diverse and large customer base. Haptik’s customers are spread across verticals like fintech, banking & financial services, media & entertainment, logistics, travel & hospitality, education, retail & e-commerce - and include distinguished names like Jio, Ola, Dream11, Disney+ Hotstar, Adani, JioMart, Castrol, Paytm, Byju’s, and the Government of India, among others.

Book A Demo