Working with Haptik, got our customer satisfaction at an all-time high, with an overall happiness rating of above 95% for all conversations. Haptik has been pivotal in helping us explore the various engagement and sales opportunities that come with an AI-powered chatbot, firing up our sales pipeline and giving us a competitive advantage on our mission to drive exceptional customer experiences at scale.
—Shrini Viswanath, Co-Founder, Upstox
Upstox (also known as RKSV Securities India Pvt. Ltd.), one of India's largest investment platforms, was founded with the vision of making financial investing easy, equitable, and accessible to all Indian investors. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Mumbai. It offers online investments in Stocks, Derivatives, Commodities, Currencies, Mutual Funds, and ETFs for investors and traders.
While Upstox has been adding hundreds of users to their platform monthly, they were looking to leverage new marketing channels such as WhatsApp to onboard new users and make trading easier for their customers.
With a vision to “create instant communication via WhatsApp, offering fast and more efficient support” as Shrini Viswanath, Co-Founder, Upstox puts it, encouraged Upstox’s digital team to consider an AI-powered virtual assistant and partner with Haptik to embody their vision of offering a 24/7 personal assistant.
Key challenges Upstox wanted to address with an AI-powered chatbot:
- Deliver blazing fast support for frequently asked questions
- Lighten the load on live agents, allowing them to focus on high-risk, complex queries that require human intervention
- Educate users about investments and stocks on their favorite messaging app
Upstox partnered with Haptik to build an AI-powered chatbot for WhatsApp that predominantly helps with:
- Onboarding new users and guiding them with personalized workflows
- Instantly responding to L2 queries such as opening Demat account, missing holdings, login issues, etc
- Enabling users to invest in IPO using the app they already use