Sr. Research Associate - Market
Location: Navi Mumbai, 1 Vacancy - Full-time
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik’s Virtual Assistant for Commerce provides customers with an intuitive conversational way to discover and shop for products or services. This includes recommendations (e.g. which are the most romantic hotels near the beach in north goa / show me some in ear headphones with awesome bass), information (does this mobile support dash charging / what’s it’s screen size), quality (how good is it’s camera / how have solo travellers rated this hotel), comparisons (which of these two options is better for gaming), guidance (how much ram do I really need / what are the benefits of laser autofocus) and a variety of other types of customer queries.
What will you do every day?
You will be working with PMs and a group of talented developers and QA engineers in Haptik’s AI sales assistant team. You will be responsible for creating engaging conversational experiences & delivering AI assistants of the highest quality to clients across varied sectors like travel, retail, BFSI and more. You should have the ability to gather data, analyze and break down text paragraphs into structured information, and build domain-centric knowledge models. You’ll be joining an 18 member young and energetic team within haptik buzzo.ai led by serial entrepreneurs.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Validate and update the knowledge graphs used by the AI Assistant for various product/service categories within E-Commerce / Insurance / Financial Services / Travel / Related Domains.
- Conduct primary research (through interactions with experienced domain experts) and secondary research (through the web) to fine-tune the knowledge graphs.
- Teach the conversational AI engine different ways of representing important concepts and intents, to increase its understanding of user questions
- Provide articulate sample responses to different types of queries, to improve the engagement and conversions of users interacting with the AI assistant
- Add deep and engaging short-form content to the knowledge graph wherever applicable – e.g. benefits of features, considerations for different use cases etc.
- You will be responsible for delivering high-quality products in a fast pace environment.
- Work in consultation with clients to identify and build client-specific versions of the knowledge graph on top of the generic knowledge graph for the given category/domain.
- 2+ years in knowledge research / analysis / catalog management for E-Commerce / Insurance & Financial Services / Travel / Related domains (one or more of these categories)
- Strong ability to envisage any domain as a logical framework of concepts
- Expertise in writing short-form content in an articulate manner
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world - Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and each Haptikan imbibes our key values of honesty, ownership, perseverance, communication, impact, curiosity, courage, agility and selflessness.