Location: Mumbai, 1 Vacancy - Full-time
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world’s largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 100 million devices, and processed over 2 billion conversations till this date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of tools to meet the user and business goals that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 200+ member strong team, including some of the finest minds in Design & Product, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution. We are building products to solve problems by chat – come and join us!
We expanding our Product team to design and develop the underlying conversational platform which will help users build and manage great conversational experiences. We are looking for a stellar “UX Designer” to come onboard this mission and shape the future of the conversational ecosystem.
What will you do every day?
You will be working with a group of talented designers, engineers, and product managers towards delivering products of the highest quality and creating engaging product experiences. You will be responsible for driving and delivering high-quality products in a fast pace environment. While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work and make friends with your colleagues.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Owns and execute the design process from ideation to design delivery end-to-end
- Work closely with product managers, customers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand problems and manage expectations effectively
- Leverage an iterative design approach to continuously push the limits of “good design”
- Practice an intensely data-driven approach to design decision making by leveraging varied research methodologies
- Good understanding of how technologies like React, native apps, SDK, and APIs work
- Good grip on the maxims of UX writing
- Be a thought leader in the design or conversational AI industry
- Great communicator and sociable to a large extent
- 4+ years of experience of user experience design in SaaS, enterprise software, B2C, B2B or other product companies
- Strong portfolio demonstrating the breadth and depth of work in past engagements
- Demonstratable ability to acquire user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
- Exhibit a strong command over visual design skills
- Demonstrate practice of User-Centered Design processes in past or current work
- Fluency in best practices of User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design, practical knowledge of User-Centered Design processes and lifecycles
- Cross-team and multi-discipline communication skills and understanding of related business and technology processes
- Self-driven, highly adaptable, comfortable with a fast-paced and a slightly ambiguous startup-like environment
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world - Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and each Haptikan imbibes our key values of honesty, ownership, perseverance, communication, impact, curiosity, courage, agility and selflessness.