Location: Mumbai, 1 Vacancy - Full-time
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world’s largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 100 million devices, and processed over 2 billion conversations till this date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of tools to meet the user and business goals that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 200+ member strong team, including some of the finest minds in Design & Product, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution. We are building products to solve problems by chat – come and join us!
We expanding our product team to design and develop the underlying conversational platform which helps users build and manage great conversational experiences. We are looking for an ambitious and hard-working “Jr Product Designer” to come onboard this mission and shape the future of the conversational ecosystem.
What will you do every day?
You will be working with a group of talented designers, engineers, and product managers towards delivering products of great quality and create engaging product experiences. You will be responsible for assisting, learning, and delivering high-quality products in a fast pace environment. While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work and make friends with your colleagues.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Working knowledge of the user-centred design process
- Good knowledge of user research methods
- Good visual design skills
- Practice an iterative design approach to incrementally improve the design
- Voracious listener, learner, and comes with an open heart
- Active in the UX design community
- Good communicator and sociable
- Looking forward to being actively coached and work hard to grow on the job
- 0-2 years of experience in UX design at technology product companies
- Good portfolio demonstrating the breadth and quality of design work
- Demonstratable ability in conducting user research methods like surveys and interviews
- Fluet with design tools like Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD
- Fluency in best practices of User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design, practical knowledge of User-Centered Design processes and its lifecycle
- Healthy communication skills and a knack for learning more and being coached
- Self-driven, highly adaptable, comfortable with a fast-paced and a slightly ambiguous startup-like environment
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world - Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and each Haptikan imbibes our key values of honesty, ownership, perseverance, communication, impact, curiosity, courage, agility and selflessness.