DevOps Engineer - III
Location: Mumbai, 1 Vacancy - Full-time
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world’s largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 100 million devices, and processed over 2 billion conversations till date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of technology and tools that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 200+ member strong team, including some of the finest minds in Artificial Intelligence, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution. We are building bots for all sizes of Enterprises, big and small – come and join us!
We are a full-stack conversational AI company from building products to delivering bots for our clients. We are looking for a “DevOps Implementation Engineer” to believe in this mission and take care of our systems, architecture, and DevOps culture.
What will you do every day?
You will be building, managing and maintaining large scale systems and architecture for our platform. The platform spans over multiple services/microservices which run on fully container orchestrated environments. You will be playing a key role in shaping the architecture of the company that is growing exponentially. We aim to have a fast, agile and automated DevOps philosophy that will provide a world-class experience to our users with minimal or zero downtime.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Own all the existing cloud infrastructure (AWS – EC2, RDS, Elasticache and much more, GCP, Azure)
- Implement pipelines to automate deployment and scaling
- Build a Security-first architecture
- Assist development teams with any infrastructure needs & technical support
- Available 24×7 for any production issues (Site Reliability)
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Ability to research & implement new technologies to scale the Haptik Systems end to end
- Create and maintain backlog on JIRA
- Implement security philosophies to build a bulletproof system
- Help with cost optimizations of infrastructure
- Knowledge Sharing
- 5+ years of work experience as a DevOps Implementation Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Sound knowledge of Kubernetes and similar orchestration methodologies for Containers
- Significant technical, automation, and programming experience throughout the full lifecycle enterprise SDLC.
- A comprehensive understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write scripted or compiled application and automation code.
- Hands-on experience with AWS services (EC2, VPC, RDS, Route53, and others)
- Worked with next-gen infrastructure & application monitoring, Service discovery tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix, New Relic, Consul, etc.)
- Inquisitive nature & Self-starter who can implement with minimal guidance
- Experience with DevOps techniques and philosophies
- Experience with deploying and maintaining high traffic infrastructure (performance testing is a plus)
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL databases and NoSQL is a plus
- Expert with scripting languages (high five on python and/or shell)
- Experience with configuration management at the scale of over 100 servers
( Ansible/Puppet/Chef etc.) & Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world - Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and each Haptikan imbibes our key values of honesty, ownership, perseverance, communication, impact, curiosity, courage, agility and selflessness.