Location: Mumbai, 1 Vacancy - Full-time
What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world’s largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 100 million devices, and processed over 2 billion conversations till date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of products & tools that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 200+ member strong team, including some of the finest minds in Design & Product, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution. We are building bots for all sizes of enterprises, big and small – come and join us!
We are a full-stack conversational AI company, from building products to delivering bots for our clients. We are looking for a “Conversation Designer” to bring life to our conversational experiences.
If you’re someone who loves writing and product design and wants to shape the future of Conversational AI, this role is for you. As a resident wordsmith, you will be working within the Enterprise team to create ideal conversational user experiences.
What will you do every day?
A Conversation Designer is responsible for designing engaging and impactful conversational experiences. A Conversation Designer should understand business requirements, conduct UX research, and create natural dialogue flows keeping technical constraints and product capabilities in mind.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Understand business requirements and craft conversational dialogue flows aimed at solving the end user’s problem
- Champion a user-first approach and conduct thorough client and user research
- Analytical Thinking: Use data-driven decision making to help define best practices of Conversation Design
- Ability to synthesize multiple perspectives (Clients, Developers, Program Managers) and create clear and compelling conversational journeys
- Proactively identify impediments and provide resolutions during the Design and Ideation phases of a project
- Be the client’s advocate and ensure that the solution is aimed at long-term success and exponential ROI
- Detailed understanding of the underlying technology, platform, and product
- Keep up with market trends and be a thought leader in the industry
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in professional writing (copywriting or scriptwriting) or equivalent experience in UX writing or design
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field (Design, UX or Writing preferred)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English along with editing and proof-reading skills (word choice, grammar, and style)
- Should be able to display critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
- Should have a creative outlook and a keen eye for detail
- Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
- Fluency in other languages apart from English is a bonus
- A clear understanding of Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a bonus
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world - Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and each Haptikan imbibes our key values of honesty, ownership, perseverance, communication, impact, curiosity, courage, agility and selflessness.